BENEFITS OF DRY BRUSHING
Dry brushing is a skin exfoliation technique that will help you achieve smooth, glowing skin – and it only takes five minutes. Sounds good, right? Here are the reasons why you need to get it into your daily beauty routine.
MAIN BENEFITS OF DRY BRUSHING
1. It removes dead skin cells and unclogs pores – leaving skin feeling softer and smoother.
2. Massage is said to help boost circulation and stimulate your lymphatic system.
3. Your moisturiser will work better because you will have brushed away the outermost dead skin cells.
4. It helps scrub off old fake tan, so you can speed through the dreaded patchy stage.
CAN YOU BODY BRUSH IN THE SHOWER?
You won’t get the full benefits of dry brushing if you do it in the shower. The hot water can dry out your skin and exfoliation won’t be as effective. Yes, it might be chilly for five minutes in your undies, but trust us, it’s worth it.
You’ll need a brush with firm, natural bristles like our Round Body Brush or Cactus Long Handle Brush, to slough away those dead skin cells.
HOW TO DRY BODY BRUSH
1. Get naked or in your undies.
2. Start with the soles of your feet and legs, brushing upwards towards your heart in short, firm strokes – let the brush do the work – don’t press too hard as the bristles might scratch your skin.
3. Use circular motions on your tummy and armpits, instead of short, firm strokes.
4. When you get to your arms, begin at your hands and work the brush upwards.
5. Don’t brush on sore, irritated or sunburnt skin.
POST BRUSHING BODY CARE
Following the steps above, use your Body Brush regularly – every day or two should do it – and give some love to those parts that don’t usually get any.
After dry brushing, hop in the shower to wash away dead skin cells with our luxurious Almond Milk and Honey Soothing and Caring Shower Cream.
Post wash, moisturise to soothe your skin and replenish moisture. Almond Milk Body Yogurt can be used on damp or dry skin and sinks in instantly, leaving you feeling soft and moisturised for up to 48 hours.
BODY BRUSH MAINTENANCE
It’s not just your body that needs regular TLC, your body brush does too. After every dry brushing sesh, be sure to give it a quick rinse in the sink. You’ll also want to give your body brush a deeper clean with soap and water once a week and leave it somewhere suitable to dry. Clean brush, happy skin!